Yapsody offers its presenters various discount types, which gives the presenters the flexibility to give discounts based on different situations.
Before you begin, please note, the system would always offer the highest discount to the ticket purchaser if the customer has an access to multiple promotions.
For Example:- You have an Early Bird as well as Group Discount active, Early purchase would offer $5 per ticket and Group discount $3 for a Group Size of 5, and the customer purchases 06 tickets, in this case, the system would offer Early Purchase discount of $30 instead of $18 of Group discount even though it meets the Group discount criteria.
Now as you are sure, how discounts work, below are the discounts types you can set up for your events:-
1) Early Purchase Discount – Under the early purchase discount, the presenter can provide a discount to customers who purchase the tickets within the specified date. The number of tickets that can avail of this discount can also be restricted by specifying it in the Restrict Redemption field. (How to set up an Early Bird Discount?)
Example: If a presenter has set Restrict Redemption to 50 tickets and date validity to 10 days before the performance, the discount would be applicable only on the first 50 tickets or till the specified date (whichever comes first).
2) Miscellaneous discount: It is a situation-based discount wherein the presenter can set up as per their needs however the best use of this discount type would be to offer an Early Purchase Discount, it offers the flexibility of selecting your preferred discount Start Date & time as well as End Date & Time, unlike traditional Early Purchase Discount wherein you would have to enter the number of days before the start of the event. (How to Set up Miscellaneous Discount?)
3) Group Discount – This discount can be used when the presenter decides to give a discount for a transaction that has a minimum size of capacity. The number of tickets that can avail this discount can also be restricted by specifying it in the Restrict Redemption field.
Example: If the group size is kept at 6 and the restrict redemption is set to 20 tickets. A customer purchases 8 tickets at one time then a discount would be applicable to all the 8 tickets and it would be deducted from restrict redemption leaving only 12 tickets. At a time only 6 tickets or > 6 tickets would be applicable for discount. (How do I add discounts to my event?)
4) General Promo Code – Under this discount, the presenter creates a code. All the customers who use this particular code while purchasing tickets will avail of the discount. The number of tickets that can avail of this discount can also be restricted by specifying it in the Restrict Tickets field.
For Example: If a presenter has set the date validity and has set the Restrict Tickets to 50 tickets, the discount will be applicable only on the first 50 tickets who enter the code while purchasing or till the specified date (whichever comes first) (How do I add discounts to my event?)
5) Single-Use Code – Under Single-Use Code the presenter has to select the prefix of the code and enter the number of codes that need to be generated. After downloading the codes the presenter can provide the same to their customers to avail of the discount. (How do I add discounts to my event?)
Example 1: If you want to give the discount to only 50 customers using code. Then you must generate 50 Single Use codes & in the "Restrict Tickets" field enter 1 ticket. So in this scenario, a ticket purchaser can buy only 1 ticket at a discounted rate using 1 code.
Example 2: If you want to give a discount to 20 people at one time. Then you must generate 1 code & in the "Restrict Tickets" field enter 20 tickets. So in this scenario, a ticket purchaser can buy 20 tickets at a discounted rate using a single code.
Example 3: If you want to invite families to a party, each family consists of 4 people and you want to issue 1 code to each family enabling them to buy 4 tickets at a time. To accomplish this you will have to generate 50 codes & in the "Restrict Tickets" field enter 4 tickets. So in this scenario, a ticket purchaser can buy 4 tickets at a discounted rate using 1 code.