You can Hold seats in a Reserve Seating Event for certain people. Kindly follow the below-mentioned steps to Hold the seats.
- You will have to edit the event (How I do this?) and find the 'Hold Management' option in the Event Wizard.
- You will see the list of Sections created by you. Now you need to create Hold Categories to hold the seats. Click on 'Add Hold'.
- You will get a pop-up window to add Hold Category. Enter a Name for the Hold Category and assign a Hold Code to recognize the different types of Hold categories assigned.
- The categories will be displayed beside the 'Add Hold' button. You can select the option to Hold a particular seat, Entire row, or Entire Section. Select the Hold category and select the seats which you need to put on hold.
- Once, you are done adding holds, it's time to exclusively reserve a particular seat for your VIP Customer, Rows and Sections for your artist, and etc with the help of "Hold Notes".
- For Example:- You have created "A" Hold code to reserve Seats for VIP customers, now in order to ensure you name the seat as per VIP customers, all you have to do is click on "Hold Notes" available right next to the Hold Codes, enter the instructions such as "Reserved for Mr. John Patrick" then click on "Single Seat", come back to the Hold Code and click on the Seat which you would like to assign to Mr. John Patrick.
- To assign the next seat to the Next VIP Customer i.e Lisa Murray, again click on Hold Notes, Delete the earlier Customer Name, by clicking "Clear" or with the help of backspace, enter the name and follow the same process.
- In case, adding notes to the Entire Row or Section, please Click on the subsequent option.
- Note:- In case, if you would like to delete the Notes, as soon as you added simply re-click on it.
- By any chance, if you clicked on "Saved & Proceed" and then trying to delete the notes, you would have to unhold the seats.
- As soon as the Hold Notes is been added, you will see a Red Flag is been created at the top left corner of the seat. Now in order to ensure the inputs are saved please don't forget to click on "Save & Proceed" button at the bottom left.
- You can also confirm the Hold Notes added to seats by hovering the mouse cursor on them.
- By any chance, if you are unsure whether you have selected a Single Seat, Entire Row or Section, you can follow the below signs of Hold Notes to gauge easily.
Entire Section Selected Entire Row Selected Single Seat Selected
Few Points to Remember:-
- The Hold Notes allows you to save up to 500 characters that include numbers as well as special characters and it will show the character limit number below the notes text.
- Please remember the Hold Notes can be added only for the seats which are been held. If you try to apply notes on a seat that is not held, then you will see an error message “Notes can be applied only on hold seats.”
- The hold notes can be applied if social distancing is enabled or disabled. If Social Distancing seats and Normal hold seats are in the same row section, then the hold notes will apply to all held seats.
- The copied event will also copy the Hold Notes added to the seats.
Don’t have Yapsody account? Sign up now and sell your event tickets.