Streamline customer inquiries about optimal seating by incorporating a Focal Point option into your Seating Chart. Allow the system to automatically select the best seats for your customers, saving you valuable time that would otherwise be dedicated to responding to individual queries.
What is the Focal Point?
It's an algorithm to determine which are the best available seats at any given moment. It uses the "Best Seats available" feature, where seats closer to the points are considered the best.
Before you start:-
- This option is only available for the latest interface of the Reserved Seating event.
- Focal Point's position can be changed/adjusted during the ticket sale.
- Only one Focal Point can be set up.
- Focal Point is Circular and the shape is unchangeable.
- Removing Focal points requires no ticket is be sold and the event should be unpublished.
- If the customer chooses a seat as per his preference but later commands the system to pick seats the cart will replace the seats as per the best viewing angle.
- Even if the best seats are booked, the algorithm would select seats out of the available ones.
This article is divided into three parts. The first part focuses on the setup process, the second part helps you with the steps for booking tickets from the box office, and the third part provides an overview of how the information will be presented to your ticket buyers.
A) Setting Up Focal Points to help choose the Best Seats for ticket buyers:-
1) Select the event from the box office and click on "Edit" at the top right.
2) Now click on "Seating" followed by "Seating Chart."
3) Next, click on the "Focal Point" tool displayed at the left options bar and click Center of the Focal Circle, and place it as per your preference by dragging the mouse.
Note:- Once the setup is completed, please ensure clicking "Save and Proceed" available at the right top of the seating chart.
B) How to book tickets using the best seats feature from Box-office?
To learn how to book tickets from the box office using the Best Seats Feature, please Click Here.
c) How the ticket buyers would book tickets?
1) As soon as the customer clicks "Get Tickets" they will be asked to select the number of seats they would like to book, upon selecting the quantity the Algorithm will add the best seats from the available seats to the cart.
2) Customer can still choose their preferred seats by clicking on "Choose Your Seats" at the top and they will be displayed the sections and available seats they can choose from, system selected seats can be unchecked by clicking on them.
Note:- Clicking on "Pick For Me" would fetch the best available seats and would auto-replace the seats selected by the ticket purchaser.
Don’t have a Yapsody account? Sign up now and sell your event tickets.