Yapsody Campaign provides you an option to create multiple segments for your campaign and link your contacts to these segments. You can select a particular segment and all the contacts linked to the segment will be automatically added to the campaign list. You can also use various conditions to filter out required data from previously sent campaigns as per your requirement.
This article will be divided into two parts, we would begin with how to create Segments and the second part would help to get an overview of previously sent campaigns and how you can build a new segment on top of it using various filters and data.
P.S.:- If you have already sent campaigns and know how to create Segments, it's advisable skipping to the second part of this article.
I) How to create a Segment from contacts?
- Login to your Email Campaign account. You will be displayed the campaign dashboard with options like Dashboard, Campaigns, Contacts, Segments, and Email Templates on the left-hand side. Select Segments from the list.
- You will be displayed the list of all segments created by you. If you haven't created a segment by default a list of All Contacts will be displayed as shown in the following image.
- Click on 'Create Segment' at the top right corner to create a new segment.
- You will be displayed a pop-up window with text boxes to enter your Segment Name and Segment Description. Once, you enter the Segment Name you will have options to add filters with conditions while adding contacts to the particular segment. You can set up filter conditions from the default fields and the values. Click on 'Save Segment' at the bottom to create your segment.
- Note: You can set up multiple conditions while creating a segment filter and provide options of AND/OR for the conditions to be applied to the contacts.
II) How to Create a Segment using various filter options of already sent campaigns.
- Upon accessing the Segments, you'll be displayed a list of all the Segments been created till now, along with the Segment Name, Description, No of Contacts and etc.
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to "Create Segment" followed by "From Campaigns."
- You will be displayed a pop-up window with text boxes to enter your Segment Name, Segment Description, and Add Conditions.
- Upon clicking on Add Conditions, you would see additional fields listed, maximum of upto 03 conditions can be added to filter out required data.
- Choose Activity from drop-down options such as Emails Opened, Emails Not Opened, Emails Clicked, Emails Unsubscribed, Emails bounced, and Emails Marked as Spam.
- Whereas the Existing Campaign Name Field would show up in the list of campaigns sent until now along with the campaign creation date, you simply need to choose any one.
- After adding the required details, please ensure you are clicking on "Save Segment."
- Note:- For all the 03 conditions you can choose 03 different Activities as well as Campaigns from the drop-down list.
- To Cancel a condition click on the "X" sign next to the filter.
- You'll now see a new segment created at the top of the list with the name and description you entered, clicking on it will show the Email Address, First & Last Name, and Status (Filter you selected.)
Quick Tip:- Segments created using existing Campaigns, will display the category as "Campaigns" on the Segment list, as well as after opening them you'll see "Campaigns" in blue letters right below Segment Name as displayed in the following image.
- You can also Edit the Segment by clicking on "Edit Segment" and once again, you'll see a pop-up displayed to modify the Segment Name, Descriptions, Conditions and etc.
- Ensure, you are clicking on "Save Segment' to record the changes.
- Segments can also be exported to a CSV file by clicking on "Export" followed by clicking the list of information you needed in the File.
- Upon completion of the download, you'll see a notification of "Exported Successfully" on the notification icon at the top right, clicking on it would download the file to your device.